Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with 48 months network?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have had no service from 48 since last Friday (Apr 12). I was told on Friday the fault would be fixed soon. It's now Monday and I can't make or receive calls or texts , or access the Internet. This is ridiculous service. Are many more people having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darrenjd

I have a similar problem, but just no internet, I can make calls and send texts fine. I contacted them Thurs night and they told me on Friday that it would be sorted soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jess11

I had a similar problem with the internet and could receive calls and texts at the time. Eventually I got internet access - for about 5 minutes!

Then I could not get any access to 48 for internet, calls or texts.
    They have just told me now that it's Vodafone's fault??? and they re trying to get them to update their system!

I moved from vodafone to 48 but have been able to get calls and texts on 48 for about two weeks up till last Friday.

Hope you get sorted out. Haven't got much confidence in them though. Think I'll move again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Jess11 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with the internet and could receive calls and texts at the time. Eventually I got internet access - for about 5 minutes!

Then I could not get any access to 48 for internet, calls or texts.
    They have just told me now that it's Vodafone's fault??? and they re trying to get them to update their system!

I moved from vodafone to 48 but have been able to get calls and texts on 48 for about two weeks up till last Friday.

Hope you get sorted out. Haven't got much confidence in them though. Think I'll move again.

How can it be Vodafones fault?. 48 is owned by Telefonica who also own O2 so they will be using the O2 network not Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

My service and friends service has just stopped this evening. Did yee get your service back?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

Yup 48 have posted here about issues: https://www.facebook.com/48GoConquer?fref=ts
    Bloody annoying....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

thanks at least its not just my phone and hopefully they'll sort it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darrenjd

I have been giving out to my phone for the last two hours for not working....at least its not my phones fault, its theirs....again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AZTEC818

I registered a new sim today with 48 and requested a port of my existing number.
    When i try to pay for a membership deal i get the message below .......

Loading!
    Your account has been de-activated. Please register a new SIM if you wish to re-activate your account

I even get this when i try to order a new sim or order a replacement sim
    I have logged a call on the 48 website, but god knows how long i will wait for an answer.

If anyone has experienced this i would appreciate any advice they have.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

Has your number ported to 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Zauka

Guys,

I am with 48months network, however will move away from it. This is a scam.

People cannot call me. Every second evening the network is down and text messages late. They are the cheapest in the market, however the worst one as well.

Zauka

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Zauka wrote: »
    Guys,

People cannot call me. Every second evening the network is down and text messages late. They are the cheapest in the market, however the worst one as well.

Zauka

That's strange, my wife and my young lad are both on 48 network, both using the €10 deal, I've had no bother calling or texting either of them at any stage over last two months. I asked my wife if she had noticed any interruptions to her service at any time over last 2 months and she said No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Zauka wrote: »
    Guys,

Zauka

Are you sure its not your phone? My brother has only had a slight outage in a years use.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Zauka

hfallada wrote: »
    Are you sure its not your phone? My brother has only had a slight outage in a years use.

hfallada,

If I use Meteor or O2 SIM card network works fine. I believe it depends where you live. I live in Bray. As you know 48Months buy network/bandwidth from O2.

Advertisement