Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Home as a live music venue? 3BedSemi presents

Options
  • 15-04-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

What do you think of using your home as a live music venue for small acoustic gigs?We have been running just such a project called 3BedSemi since December 2011 and it's been a great success.

3BedSemi's founder Lorraine has hosted gigs from artist such as Julie Feeney, Ger Wolfe and Niamh Parsons in her home in Ennis, county Clare. A maximum of 30 people attend and all of the money goes to the artist. It's a great way for them to make some money at a time when less people are going to pubs and clubs.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the concept. Maybe this could even inspire you to host your own similar event?

Here's our website if you'd like to find out more about us.
    http://3bedsemipresents.wordpress.com/about/

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,662 ✭✭✭✭maccored

we've been doing much the same idea, but also broadcasting it via Livestream, since 2009. Its a thing bands should be doing. We've been using a full backline, and a DD55 rather than a live kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 3bedsemi

maccored wrote: »
    we've been doing much the same idea, but also broadcasting it via Livestream, since 2009. Its a thing bands should be doing. We've been using a full backline, and a DD55 rather than a live kit.

Thanks for the reply . Live-streaming is defiantly a great idea. Do you have a link to your site we could check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

When I win the lotto, I'll be booking the Stunning to play in my front room, and inviting NO-ONE else!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,662 ✭✭✭✭maccored

3bedsemi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply . Live-streaming is defiantly a great idea. Do you have a link to your site we could check out?

that was in 2010 and was streamed live

Advertisement