Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BETA and Transfering

Options
  • 14-04-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all...

I am just looking for some advice, preferably from anyone who has some experience with the same issue.

So basically I am currently in 2nd year of a 4 year degree and I applied for a transfer into a different college. I applied for 3rd year but unfortunately they turned that down as I have missed vital modules in 2nd year of the new course. They did however offer me a place in 2nd year.

The issue is if I accept a transfer I am technically repeating the year even though I haven't failed and reapplying for BTEA etc. isn't straight forward. I have spoken to social welfare and the VEC that looks after my free fees grant and they both said that while it isn't normal procedure they do make exceptions on occasion and that I should clearly state my case, giving the reasons why I would be repeating the year and get a letter from the college outlining why they want me to repeat, to help up my odds of getting financial help.

Has anyone done this before and succeeded? I am considering calling the BTEA officer in the local office of where the new college is and seeing can I judge from that what my chances would be but it is so risky.

To reapply for BTEA I have to be living in the same town/city, don't I? Is it too much of a leap to move on the likely chance they will say no?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Thank you

Advertisement