Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No service from 48 network.

Options
  • 14-04-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have had no service from 48 since last Friday (Apr 12). I was told on Friday the fault would be fixed soon. It's now Sunday evening and I can't make or receive calls or texts , or access the Internet. This is ridiculous service. Are many more people having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Im getting no service right now, west of Ireland, 48 network, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

The network is completely down at the moment, keep an eye on the facebook page for updates- https://www.facebook.com/48GoConquer?fref=ts

Tesco are down too, must be a Liffey Telecom fault so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Thanks braj

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Go conquer the technical problems

Haha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seawoman

Tesco mobile down , I checked on 3 diferent phone, doesn work :(

It is now first time....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

Yep myself and brother both on 48 have no service. This better be fixed soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoh2012

Yup 48 network down here too since about 7 this evening,first of all there was full signal but couldnt make calls or send texts,signal went and now sim isnt valid :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Me too.
    Frustrating enough. Wonder how long it'll be?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

It make you feel so powerless! Please...I...must...text...

• Advertisement

Guys, the latest is that they have found the issue and the techie guys are working flat out to fix it. We know this has been going on for a few hours so thanks for your patience. We are doing everything we can to fix this as fast as possible. We will keep you updated as soon as we hear more ~ 48

From FB.

I expect it will be back quite soon.

They're getting way to much abuse on facebook...

Whattya expect with an MVNO tbh, they operate on no infrastructure, low cost basis. They dont get rates so low without cutting corners somewhere, eg redundancy.

ED E wrote: »
    Whattya expect with an MVNO tbh, they operate on no infrastructure, low cost basis. They dont get rates so low without cutting corners somewhere, eg redundancy.

I was thinking this myself, maybe I should be looking at one of the physical networks instead.

Tesco mobile are down too. So it's most likely a problem with the o2 servers, or something.
    I for one won't be moving. Serious deals they have, this is the first time I've ever had a problem with them. People are overreacting IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is anyone else finding 48 to be down at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Yep,their whole network is down at the moment according to their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is anyone else finding 48 to be down at the moment?

Same here...Have a look here http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Issue-with-all-network-services-2nd-October-2013/m-p/9223

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

48 down here too.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Issue-with-all-network-services-2nd-October-2013/m-p/9223
    Issue with all network services, 2nd October 2013 [ Edited ]
    Options
    ‎02-10-2013 05:00 PM - last edited on ‎02-10-2013 08:11 PM by care_crew

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we're experiencing a serous network issue right now. All calls, texting and internet services are unavailable.

The techie guys are working on fixing this and we should be up and running again very shortly. We’ll keep you updated here on the Community so check the first post in this thread for updates.

We're very sorry about this, thanks for bearing with us while we get it resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

From the Tesco thread:

Originally Posted by Tesco Mobile: Paul View Post
    "Hi SMI

As unbelievable a reason as it may seem its absolutely true. There was some roof work being performed at the data centre and the roof was pierced and water flooded in over our cage in the data centre. There are engineers from our managed service partners out there presently doing 2 things - 1 trying to restore service ASAP for customers and 2 trying to assess the damage and medium term work needed.

Obviously we are not happy that this could happen at all but post mortems and lessons are for later. For now we are focussed on minimising impact to our customers and getting service in place.

regards
    Paul"

Kaboom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

48 back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

biko wrote: »
    48 back again.

Not back again for those who joined 48 yesterday.

Advertisement