Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish regions

Options
  • 14-04-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to say Dunlaoghaire-Rathdown is one beast of a region, but then you look at Galway, who have a massive representation, and then onto Limerick who have another hefty top.

Has a regional challenge ever been done before? It'd be interesting to see a top 5 v 5 type adventure.

Dunlaoghaire-Rathdown seems to have a consistent enough level, but nobody massive like Waterford, yet Waterford has a serious drop. Hmm...

Actually, just casually going through a few, Cork seems like an unbelievably hardcore region to be in. You have to go a fair bit down to find a casual one-click Cork team it seems.

Do people tend to have much of a connection with their region? I know it's always a little personal mission of mine to rise through the ranks, but then I do have Eof, Mar-z and Crisco, so it makes it a bit more fun (though it's been a long time since I traded places with Grubber, or since Vitamin G dominated, it's all MWSAG these days.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ya its a matter of pride to be top of your region. Thought i'd never get there but i was sitting pretty on top til the fecking relegation last season and now i've slipped down to 2nd im determined to get back up there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

used to pay a nice bit of attention when my main was in ireland with one of the top teams in my region tournafulla which isnt far from me and a guy from croagh only down the road.

going looking them up now forgot about them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

used to pay attention when I was walking div III and couoldn't crack div II, but since been in div II I've concentrated on my position there.

Assumed ranking would take care of itself, turns out MWSAG as Fewcifur says is on top, used to be close, my loss at weekend putting space between us.

I'll get him.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I got a double boost winning my cup match last week...not only did I beat Reddogwonders...but I also knocked him off the topspot in Kildare :D

Not a lot of quality teams in Kildare though....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    used to pay attention when I was walking div III and couoldn't crack div II, but since been in div II I've concentrated on my position there.

Assumed ranking would take care of itself, turns out MWSAG as Fewcifur says is on top, used to be close, my loss at weekend putting space between us.

I'll get him.....:mad:

Haha, some serious rage toward MWSAG, I didn't realise! lol

Bit similar to Eof myself, when Div3 was draggin it was a distraction but now I'm in Div 2 I don't really chase it. Although admittedly, it has been looking after itself this season.....I'd say I only check it when I notice my position has changed. Which has been quite a lot recently I think, piniging back and forth between 1st and 2nd in DLR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »

Bit similar to Eof myself, when Div3 was draggin it was a distraction but now I'm in Div 2 I don't really chase it. Although admittedly, it has been looking after itself this season.....I'd say I only check it when I notice my position has changed. Which has been quite a lot recently I think, piniging back and forth between 1st and 2nd in DLR.

G'way ourra that, back when you were in Div 3 it was all Eof's lads, Grubber, CSDS and Vit G. You've destroyed us all in the last season or two.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    G'way ourra that, back when you were in Div 3 it was all Eof's lads, Grubber, CSDS and Vit G. You've destroyed us all in the last season or two.

At that level, it's very cyclical. hang around long enough and you will eventually be top for a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »

lost 1.2 pts with loss to fight club, bit harsh since they are way better, but my run of results meant we were close and the home bit meant I was ranked higher.

shall catch up again i'm sure! we're both ranked #2 in our leagues so by seasons end the real positions will be known! ;)

Challenge extended... :P

eoferrall wrote: »
    lost 1.2 pts with loss to fight club, bit harsh since they are way better, but my run of results meant we were close and the home bit meant I was ranked higher.

shall catch up again i'm sure! we're both ranked #2 in our leagues so by seasons end the real positions will be known! ;)

Challenge extended... :P

Setup for a similar fall myself in 2 wks against justifies ancients. I also will go outta the cup at some point and lose a league game. All these will kill my ranking! Bit challenge accepted...

Advertisement