Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Donedeal Ad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Thanks OP.
    I used it on Monday - got a call about 15 minutes after placing the ad - buyer arrived this evening. Deal done!

Between Donedeal and the Pink pages in d'Echo - who needs Buy & Sell? Isn't it strange how B&S just seemed to self-destruct? There was a time when you would go to it for everything, and pay good money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Is this expired?Trying clicking on the link but no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Is this expired?Trying clicking on the link but no luck :(

Just tried it now - ad up, voucher used no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Thanks OP.
    I used it on Monday - got a call about 15 minutes after placing the ad - buyer arrived this evening. Deal done!

Between Donedeal and the Pink pages in d'Echo - who needs Buy & Sell? Isn't it strange how B&S just seemed to self-destruct? There was a time when you would go to it for everything, and pay good money too.

Buy and Sell magazine was a classic case of not realising the shifting trend from print to the internet. By the time they did realise it and actually invested in a website it was too late and others like Adverts and Donedeal had already stolen a march.

They were the victims of their own success, they went from being the market maker in second hand goods to being little more than a sideshow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Why would anyone use donedeal when there's adverts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

I wouldn't look for or try to sell a car on adverts but I would on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Cheers OP, had a ticket for sale on Done Deal and Adverts for the last 4 weeks and wasn't getting any real offers - about an hour ago I used the voucher in the link and placed the ad again for free, got a text literally 5 minutes after placing it, buyer just collected the ticket from me, that worked out well :)

Etnies wrote: »
    Why would anyone use donedeal when there's adverts?

Adverts is shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Adverts is shit.

Personal opinion id say :P

Depends on what you want, some people prefer to talk to people about items rather than have to comment on something and wait for a reply.
    Others prefer the later.
    I prefer adverts myself.:)

mcw92 wrote: »
    Personal opinion id say :P

Depends on what you want, some people prefer to talk to people about items rather than have to comment on something and wait for a reply.
    Others prefer the later.
    I prefer adverts myself.:)

If I'm selling something I'll place an ad on both sites and to be honest I've found that Adverts is full of time wasters making stupid offers, even when the ad specifically says that the price is non-negotiable. Out of the ~15 or so ads I've placed over the last couple of years (concert tickets, Playstations, a car, etc) 1 of them sold from Adverts, the rest from Done Deal.

When someone asks "Why would anyone use Done Deal when there's adverts?" you just have to laugh - one is far superior, more convenient and considerably more popular than the other.

Thanks again to the OP for sharing the free voucher link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement