Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunvic select 207 xls switching on and off when water and rads both turned on

Options
  • 14-04-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a sunvic which works fine to heat the rads on their own and also to heat the water on its own but if both are on at the same time it will trip itself off and on repeatedly until I switch off either the water or the rads. It literally loses all power to the display before coming back on and then off again.

I'm not sure if the following information is a red herring or not. I recently replaced the element in our immersion tank and I'm not sure if this new issue is related to something I did wrong with that. It seems that the immersion doesn't heat the water very much although it looks to be wired properly, light coming on etc. The water tank is very large and the new element is somewhat smaller than the original but doesn't the oil fired water heater use the same element to heat the water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

I have a sunvic which works fine to heat the rads on their own and also to heat the water on its own but if both are on at the same time it will trip itself off and on repeatedly until I switch off either the water or the rads. It literally loses all power to the display before coming back on and then off again.

I'm not sure if the following information is a red herring or not. I recently replaced the element in our immersion tank and I'm not sure if this new issue is related to something I did wrong with that. It seems that the immersion doesn't heat the water very much although it looks to be wired properly, light coming on etc. The water tank is very large and the new element is somewhat smaller than the original but doesn't the oil fired water heater use the same element to heat the water?

seems that you have 2 separate issues here

did your timeclock always operate like this
    sounds like its wired wrong or else a faulty timer(any chance of removing the clock and posting a picture of the wiring on the back plate)

the immersion heats your water independently of your heating system
    even though the light works on the switch i would think that the new element may not be wired correctly(black-sink,brown-bath,blue-neutral)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulinthought

The issues with the timeclock are fairly new. That's why I wasn't sure whether the issue was connected to the new element I put in.
    I'll double check the wiring on the immersion tomorrow evening and post a pic if I'm still unsure.
    In the meantime I've attached a couple of pics of the back of the sunvic and the wiring in it. When you say the timer might be gone, do you mean the whole sunvic unit may just be faulty?

Advertisement