Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Spanish Arch, on any fine day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

urbanledge wrote: »
    I seen these over on Reddit,http://imgur.com/a/lq7Kk
    Thought the AH crowd might enjoy them:D

That's last years news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Yeah it's from a few years ago, funny photos though.

Well its news to me!
    I better get with the times so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He was a stupid fúcker a year ago...probably still is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ah c'mon now,we need context (apart from the few can's and sunshine).

Given that it's Galway (?),is it about the organs of the State oppressing the Constitutional right to disrobe.

Is Tommy Donnelan back from Gaza ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That can't be the Spanish Arch

Where is the Buckfast??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Which Spanish arch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

urbanledge wrote: »
    I seen these over on Reddit,http://imgur.com/a/lq7Kk
    Thought the AH crowd might enjoy them:D

And there was me thinking Sammy Davis Jnr. was dead, no, he was just in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I don't see what the problem with stripping down to his underwear was? He wasn't naked... if he had been wearing a pair of short shorts from pennys he would have been left alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I don't see what the problem with stripping down to his underwear was? He wasn't naked... if he had been wearing a pair of short shorts from pennys he would have been left alone.

Maybe he said he was going in for a swim....garda says you no as was pissed and would be a danger to himself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Context minidazzler......no sound track...no preamble...all we are presented with is the Big Bad Garda pictured gettin physical with the sunbather.....everybody knows that's what they teach the Gardai in Templemore...."We'll have nuna that stuff here now "....:D

OR.....the Garda seeing Mr Flab disrobing with the discarded cars of fizzy-pop lying nearby,formed the opinion that Mr Flab was going to jumpin for a swim in The Claddagh....that combination of Flab,Booze and Sunshine coulda ended up with a real emergency...but hey,it's SO oppressive this lark of saving people from themselves....?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bog forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Context minidazzler......no sound track...no preamble...all we are presented with is the Big Bad Garda pictured gettin physical with the sunbather.....everybody knows that's what they teach the Gardai in Templemore...."We'll have nuna that stuff here now "....:D

Ye'll stay pale like the rest of us ya little ballix.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah jaysus, dr bollocko will never live that down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Galway forum ->

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bog forum?

Every few posts is a Dublin thread, so why not the odd culchie one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

It's all fun and games until the pepper spray comes out, then it's handcuffs and tears.

bog forum?
    mike65 wrote: »
    Galway forum ->

It's sunday, AH is quite, can't ye just enjoy having a lol at the culchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

bog forum?
    What an idiotic comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irish-stew wrote: »
    Every few posts is a Dublin thread, so why not the odd culchie one.

because once anyone mentions dublin there is a flash mob of culchies screaming 'dublin forum'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Morgan Freeman on the left there.

Thanks, OP. Got to enjoy these brilliant images all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Few cans, bit of sumo wrestling, be grand!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Standard like.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Vita nova

because once anyone mentions dublin there is a flash mob of culchies screaming 'dublin forum'
    It's your language that most people would object to.
    Originally Posted by admiralofthefleet
    bog forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

This was an excellent thread, I laughed so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Guard was probably just glad for the chance to use his truncheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It is a premonition of how the AH Beers is going to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Those pictures are pure comic strip. brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Maybe he said he was going in for a swim....garda says you no as was pissed and would be a danger to himself.....
    That's a very real concern. I saw a guy being pulled from the river about 18 months ago and it was scary as hell. He must've fallen in a far way up. I was cycling along the canal and next thing this guard came running down and grabbed one of those life saver rings. A guy came under the bridge (lucky not to bash his head off it) and the guard threw the ring, which the guy missed. The guard pulled it in, ran down another bit and threw it again. Luckily the guy caught it the second time. The embankmemt was too steep and full of growth for anyone to do anything but wait for the fire brigade to come. It was only a few minutes but it felt like ages. The guy was getting really cold in the water and they were afraid he would let go. If he did, he would've passed the through the last bridge and gone out to sea. It was very scary to watch and I can understand why guards take a dim view of people who could fall in.

Tl:dr it's all fun and games until someone falls into the river. The guard did the right thing. That guy was acting the tool and maybe the whack to his leg saved his life.

Advertisement