Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Pro OEM €26.95 delivered @ hitmeister.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Won't ship to Ireland when it comes to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ships to UK. Just put BT1 1AA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 killer_penguin

Ships to UK. Just put BT1 1AA.

sorry if this is a newbie question, but did you put in a UK address (or parcel motel address) with BT1 1AA postcode or will an Irish address work with that postcode?

I tried with the UK parcel motel address and it said they don't ship to the UK.

Seems like a great price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Great price, thanks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

And just to clarify, this is a full license suitable for an install on any new PC.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

It is OEM but You can do clean installation from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

long_b wrote: »
    And just to clarify, this is a full license suitable for an install on any new PC.?

Yep. Intended for Dells but can be and will install on any PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

this will only work on a 64 bit computer and not a 32 bit one, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Tried this with Irish address, with BT1 1AA....no luck
    Also tried with parcelmotel....no luck.
    What way did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

To whoever has bought this, do they send you the serial key or do you have to wait for the DVD + serial to be delivered to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

this will only work on a 64 bit computer and not a 32 bit one, right?

Yeah but most CPU's are 64 bit capable.

Check Wikipedia for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

If anyone managed to purchase this would you mind sharing how you done it please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Wheeker

markad1 wrote: »
    If anyone managed to purchase this would you mind sharing how you done it please, thanks.
    Same here- I can only use a 32-bit version & I see a multilingual version on their website for €34.17 (incl German VAT, will be a bit more with Irish VAT?). Still a good price though. Can it be delivered to Ireland or even UK?:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

markad1 wrote: »

You can download the isos here, just activate with your CD Key. A Home Premium/Pro/Ultimate etc. CD key will activate both 32 & 64bit versions

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Be careful as it says "Reinstallation" DVD
    May just be installation media only without license key
    unless someone confirms...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Farnsworth wrote: »
    Be careful as it says "Reinstallation" DVD
    May just be installation media only without license key
    unless someone confirms...

Could be an issue in translation but further down it says:
    Lizenzinformationen: 1 Benutzer

Which translates to License Info - 1 User. I reckon that means a license code is included! :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Has anyone overcome the auld 'how to get it to Ireland' quandary yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Vertakill wrote: »
    To whoever has bought this, do they send you the serial key or do you have to wait for the DVD + serial to be delivered to you?

C'mon guys... I'm sure someone has bought this that has posted here.

I'm not in Ireland anymore but I want a cheap copy of Win7 and I just need a key as I already have the ISO's from a similar deal to this (software4students which now doesn't sell Win7 anymore).

So does the key get sent to you and you download the iso or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Jaysus, I thought my day was going great. Two free xbox arcade games and then windows 7 professional for 24 yoyo?? Woah I thought.

However, since I can't figure out how to actually ship it to an Irish address or a UK address seems this BA is pointless for me...and apparently many others unless they reside in a country where postage is possible.

Used the bog standard Irish address, an Irish address with the BT1 1AA code. Tried parcel motels Irish postal address, parcel motels uk postal address. No joy.

Who to I have to make laugh to avail of this amazing, would-be, bargain alert? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Did the OP confirm it works, or was he just spoofing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

I'm not convinced...
    Mindestens ein Artikel wird vom gewählten Versandpartner leider nicht in Ihr gewähltes Land versendet. Bitte wählen Sie einen anderen Versandpartner und führen Sie die Bestellung erneut aus. Vielen Dank!

My rough translation:
    At least one item selected from the shipment unfortunately cannot be shipped to your selected country. Please select a different item and run the order again. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Not always trust with OEM and Corp Keys.
    sugarman wrote: »
    Just download a 32bit pro version, the seriel is the same for both.

YOU ARE NOT DOWNLOAD DIRECTLY FROM MICROSOFT SO BE WARNED THESE COPIES COULD BE RELOADED WITH A TROJAN OR BOTNET CLIENT.
    yoyo wrote: »
    You can download the isos here, just activate with your CD Key. A Home Premium/Pro/Ultimate etc. CD key will activate both 32 & 64bit versions

Nick

Or it could be one per user since why would you need to order two replacement DVD's to reinstall you system.

So still no guarantee it comes with it's own licence key.
    yoyo wrote: »
    Could be an issue in translation but further down it says:
    Lizenzinformationen: 1 Benutzer

Which translates to License Info - 1 User. I reckon that means a license code is included! :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Monotype wrote: »

How do I know that the image I downloaded is a clean, unaltered image?
    Microsoft has a list of hashes of their software images here.
    You will need a hash check program to compare the hash of the image you downloaded to the official one from Microsoft.
    This Hash check shell extension works well.
    When installed, you right-click on the file you want to check and click properties. You’ll see a new checksums tab. The image below shows the checksum for a Windows 7 Home Premium image, which matches with the official hashes.

189743.png

This seems suspiciously cheap. There's several versions on their website that are similarly cheap, although this seems to be the cheapest on a quick look. Even Windows 8 is cheaper than it is elsewhere. How can they keep their prices that much below elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Anyone get this working?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Was thinking to buy it but realise its a Dell DVD, also gone up to €38.88

Vom Funktionsumfang ist das Produkt identisch mit der SB-Version, die CD ist jedoch mit dem Logo des OEM Herstellers (DELL) gelabelt.

Translated to English as:
    On the functionality the product is identical to the SB version, but the CD is that of the OEM manufacturer logo (DELL) labeled.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Looks like they are selling refurbished windows. :mad:

And it has very specific licensing terms
    https://www.microsoft.com/refurbishedpcs/RRPFAQ.aspx

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hitmeister.de%2Fsoftware%2Fmicrosoft-windows-7-professional-64-bit-oem-vollversion-herstellergelabelt-149425401%2F
    I was sold a "OEM full version", in the order confirmation is also notably "Dell OEM version". Was delivered a pink sticker for a Refurbished PC by WIS AG. Refurbished is not OEM, an assessment of the (hopefully easy) MS-activation I can not give because the proposed PC is still under construction.

Advertisement