Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hep b screening

Options
  • 13-04-2013 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone here ever had the full course of injections of the hepatitis b vaccination and it didn't take. Work contacted me today to let me know. I've had a second round of injections and still haven't responded to it.

Not looking for medical advice here, I'll leave that to the docs just curious to find out how common this failure rate is. I'll still be remaining in my job. They say they have a small percentage of people employed that it hasn't taken with either but i'm just curious to see if anyone has any experiences of this and what precautions they take.

I'll be seeing my own doctor next week in relation to this so not looking for any advice in that way at all.

By the way i work in the residential homes in the ID sector.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerrad01

Hi has anyone here ever had the full course of injections of the hepatitis b vaccination and it didn't take. Work contacted me today to let me know. I've had a second round of injections and still haven't responded to it.

Not looking for medical advice here, I'll leave that to the docs just curious to find out how common this failure rate is. I'll still be remaining in my job. They say they have a small percentage of people employed that it hasn't taken with either but i'm just curious to see if anyone has any experiences of this and what precautions they take.

I'll be seeing my own doctor next week in relation to this so not looking for any advice in that way at all.

By the way i work in the residential homes in the ID sector.

Cheers

i think there was 1 person out of my med school class of 100+ that didnt build up the resistance....didnt really effect her, but there were different procedures she had to follow in regards to needle stick injuries etc i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I got called back after the full course. In my case I simply had a booster injection and that brought my level up to an acceptable standard.

Edit: Apologies, I misread your post, I now see you had a second course and that too have failed.

Advertisement