Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkingtag system extended to Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 12-04-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭

I have the parkingtag barcode sticker on my windscreen. Up to now it was only good for use when parking in Dublin City i.e. when parking within the city boundary.

Today I phoned the automated system in parkingtag.ie to pay for parking in Dublin city but the voice prompt at the start now asks you to press '1' for Dublin City and '2' for Dun Laoghaire. There is nothing whatsoever on the www.parkingtag.ie website about the extension of the system to Dun Laoghaire so I'm wondering if any of the boardsies know anything about it.

This afternoon I phoned again and pressed '2' for Dun Laoghaire to see if there was a flat rate or if I'd need to say where I was parked. I was offered options of zones 'DA', 'DB' and 'CC' before I hung up, there might have been yet more options but I didn't hang around. I'm not aware of any zones in Dun Laoghaire, do they charge different rates in different parts of the council area? Is the zone displayed on the pay and display machines?

This is the only formal acknowledgement of the new system I can find but it's short on details.....

http://dlrps.wordpress.com/parking-tag/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The street signs in DlrCo have been updated with two letter combinations showing the zones, the same ones you heard on the phone. Drummartin road in Sandyford is DM for example.

Odd that there's no mention of it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Next question is to ask if the wardens all have scanners yet? If not then the barcode on the windscreen will confer diplomatic immunity of sorts for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm sure they have but the barcode is actually no longer required, you can sign up and start using it without one.

markpb wrote: »
    I'm sure they have but the barcode is actually no longer required, you can sign up and start using it without one.

So the traffic warden just types in or scans your registration plate to check if you've paid online?

Edit: conflicting information on www.parkingtag.ie They say in a banner on their home page 'No Tag No Problem, Register for parkingtag and use the service immediately. No more waiting for a tag to park'

In the FAQs there is a question:

Q: Do I have to have a tag on my car to pay for parking in designated parking areas?

A: Once registered you can use the service immediately. However, you will need to have a tag clearly displayed on the front windscreen of each vehicle once you receive it by post.

I don't understand what they mean by 'once you receive it in the post' - if you can use the service immediately it surely means that the clampers in the city and the traffic wardens in DL will check your registration number on their system to see if you've paid and if you have, that's all there is to it, why do you need to display a tag at all?

markpb wrote: »
    The street signs in DlrCo have been updated with two letter combinations showing the zones, the same ones you heard on the phone. Drummartin road in Sandyford is DM for example.

I parked in Library Road today and there is no two letter code on the parking signs and none on the P&D machine either??

• Advertisement

Finally found mention of it on the DLR co co parking services website: 'Parking Tag will be rolled out in the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Council area soon.'

Click on 'parking tag' at the foot of this webpage...

https://www.dlrps.ie/

Advertisement