Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackers release Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It has nothing to do with DRM not working. They took it from their servers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This has nothing to do with DRM, but a requirement for regular maintaining of a marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Meant that DRM not working as in the hackers can still get the game and pirate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This has nothing to do with DRM. You might as well say it's a case for Uplay to upgrade their dragons, because hackers got in and stole it.

This is theft, straight up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

simon360 wrote: »
    Meant that DRM not working as in the hackers can still get the game and pirate it.

But the failure was with their online sales side of things. It has nothing to do with the game or the software installed to authenticate it. The issue was with verifying a user account on their shop was entitled to a game. The hack could have granted someone access to anything on their store. This is why its not DRM at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah as everyone else has said, nothing to do with DRM just a bunch of hackers exploiting the poorly maintained uplay store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Saw it on you tube last night looks kinda cool or is it justa reshelled version of farcry 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Snowie wrote: »
    Saw it on you tube last night looks kinda cool or is it justa reshelled version of farcry 3??

It has nothing to do with farcry 3 it's getting a lot of praise anyhow, plus it's stand alone so no needing Farcry 3

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, Not even interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm hearing some good things from a friend. I thought it was out already, but they must have gotten a hacked copy, so I'll wag a finger at them next time I see them. According to him it's gas craic if you're the type who enjoys cheesy 80's action movies.

Lord knows I'm that type, so I'm sure as hell gonna buy it. Seriously, how can you resist a trailer like this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

They found an exploit fooling Uplay into letting them download games for free, they found that FarCry was sitting on the server (when it really shouldn't have been) and just took a copy.

It was then cracked pretty much straight away.

Shame, as this game is supposed to be pretty fun and was a chance for them to just come up with silly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

michael biehn doing the voice acting, hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Looks cool for about 5 minutes then gets boring with the same colour scheme through-out.

Ah now. You just don't appreciate the awesomeness of the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

That trailer is absolutely fantastic. Definitely going to pick this up on day one! Michael Biehn as an 80's style cyborg commando? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

its more far cry 3 and its 15 quid.

Cant argue with that tbh, also ****in hilarious story and voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Shame, as this game is supposed to be pretty fun and was a chance for them to just come up with silly stuff.
    This. If these things are pirated, you'll be stuck with BLOPS 5, etc.

So don't play hacked versions. Pay the €15 and get it legally. I'd pay that for the soundtrack anyway, it's so full of delicious cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a load of ****.

Soundtrack was great and the cutscenes were cool, voice acting was fun but the game was as boring as hell after five minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

That's the best thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally out on steam, fair bad you couldnt pre install the game.

Got it on Uplay today, Fairly good, funny lines and all that you would expect. Just such a pity that it was pre released :(

Advertisement