Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Meteor from O2, problem..

Options
  • 12-04-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭

Over a week ago, I received my Meteor SIM Card and I wanted to transfer my O2 number over to it. I done it online using the online Porting feature. After doing all of that it said "this will take up to 24 hours to complete".

It has been a week and I still haven't switched to Meteor, despite receiving a text message saying "Welcome to Meteor" on my O2 number.....

My girlfriend has free calls to Meteor networks and she still isn't able to ring me without getting charged.

I rang them up and the lad on the phone told me to use the online store again.

I did it today, and I got this message;
    "Oops, This number transfer on to Meteor has already started and will complete shortly"

So now I'm stuck. What do I do?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Obviously the person on the phone hasn't a clue of number porting and hasn't been helpful. Mobile number porting can take up to 48 hours. Ring up customer care and ask them to port the number again. It could be the case that O2 may not have released the number to Meteor yet or meteor haven't actually requested the port.

You might get some help on boards on their forum.

http://m.boards.ie/ttforum/1558

If you still have problems, log a complaint with comreg.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sorry >< I got it changed at a Meteor shop and he done it all for me. I'm with Meteor now it's all sorted.

Advertisement