Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potterton Profile

Options
  • 12-04-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Profile 60e gas boiler and have had a problem getting it to start. I-ve now got it running - the problem was a dust buildup in the sensor pipe on the outlet flue which was stopping the air pressure switch from operating. Now, I can understand how that works, with the positive and negative airflow tubes, but, just out of curiosity, can anyone explain how leakage in the main cover air seal stops the flow of gas? Also, where could you get a replacement for that seal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hi,

I have a Profile 60e gas boiler and have had a problem getting it to start. I-ve now got it running - the problem was a dust buildup in the sensor pipe on the outlet flue which was stopping the air pressure switch from operating. Now, I can understand how that works, with the positive and negative airflow tubes, but, just out of curiosity, can anyone explain how leakage in the main cover air seal stops the flow of gas? Also, where could you get a replacement for that seal?

After all the work & understanding, I take it you are an Registered Gas Installer!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

ring RGII on Monday sure they will direct you according on illegal gasworks

Advertisement