Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ants came home in holiday baggage

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

We arrived back from France last night where we had ants in our cabin accommodation, they have travelled in our luggage & we are seeing them scurry about the house.
    It's hardly an infestation but the kids were cringing all through holiday & if they think they have travelled home they will be less than impressed!
    Couple if questions...
    1. Are the ants likely to multiply
    2. How might I get rid of them?
    Thanks for any advice.
    T.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I have no experience with anything like this, but I'd assume that you still only brought home a farily modest number of them - kill every one that you see, and maybe watch them for a few seconds first to see if they'll lead you to any others.

But I'd imagine you brought home so few that the chances of them multiplying in your house are fairly slim!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thebooxttt

Sorry, also are they likely to multiply or die off?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

If you kill them as you see them over the next few days I very much doubt they'll multiply tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Boggot Globule

Take out the head ant and their society will fall. It's the only way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

You would need a queen for them to multiply- the ants u see are most likely workers and workers are sterile, so no worries there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement