Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 3, 2013

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

On my way to Subiaco for the game tonight, should be a belter. I hope this Hird crap doesn't effect the game too much.

Weather is pretty grim, gonna get wet

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

should be a good one alright, but as you say, will probably be overshadwoed by the Hird/Essendon scandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Crap game, Bombers with 11 points to half time.

Hope you get soaked mackman :pac:

Failmantle are back! :D

That is one serious bottle job...though it looks like PEDs are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Sick as a small hospital here. What the hell happened?!? :confused: FFS!!!!! :mad:
    GRRRRRR...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Son of a bitch :(

At least I didn't get wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Absolute disaster for Freo. As soon as the game loosened up the Bombers ran riot. Freo couldn't maintain the intensity that they had in the first half, which is a worry since they've been saying they've never felt fitter. Some great performances, Carlisle kept Pav out of the game and Stanton rode Crowleys tag well. We suffered at the stoppages with Griifin being up against both Ryder and Bellchambers. Would we have conceded less with McPharlin on the field? Some terrible misses on goal by both sides. As much as it pains me to say it, Freo will never win anything until they find the mindset where they can actually finish off games.

I wouldn't call it a complete disaster, Essendon are a good team, McPharlin going off early in the first hurt a lot, and they only lost by 4 points. Freo kicked 7 behinds in the last quarter, Mayne hit the bloody post with 10 seconds left. A little bit if luck and they would have won.

Mackman wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it a complete disaster,

For a team aiming to play finals, kicking two goals in the second half at home to any side is a disaster.

Some of the shots at goal were pathetic (from both teams).

Xavi6 wrote: »
    For a team aiming to play finals, kicking two goals in the second half at home to any side is a disaster.

Some of the shots at goal were pathetic (from both teams).

Essendon only scored 1 goal in the first half, must have been a disaster for them too.

It was a horrible game to watch, the wet conditions didn't help.

Essendon only scored 1 goal in the first half, must have been a disaster for them too.

Yep, horrendous first half by any standards.

The replay is on Fox Footy now if you're keen :pac:

• Advertisement

Unfortunatly our Foxtel is playing up, cant watch it. damn.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I wouldn't call it a complete disaster, Essendon are a good team, McPharlin going off early in the first hurt a lot, and they only lost by 4 points. Freo kicked 7 behinds in the last quarter, Mayne hit the bloody post with 10 seconds left. A little bit if luck and they would have won.

I think Freo's main issue was not converting complete dominance in first half onto scoreboard, should've had another at least another 3-4 goals on board at halftime for amount of ball you had. As you said it could so easily have gone the other way, wish it had given I tipped Freo!

First home game of season for Tiges tomorrow (even though it's at Etihad), hopefully we can get a good win and not fall into old drop of getting turned over by weaker teams while on a good run. I reckon doggies will push us all the way but could be a good game.

At least the dark cloudy weekend might convince the muppets that manage the ground to close the roof this week.

Eagles making Melbourne look semi decent. Like last night, the basic skills from both sides are poor.

Eagles making Melbourne look semi decent. Like last night, the basic skills from both sides are poor.

I am sure WC will take control and pull away in second half but it's nice to see Demons at least looking like they are interested this week. Had to feel for some of the players with the vitriolic flack they had to cop this week.

Yeah absolute blowout in the third, 11.3 to 1.1 for the quarter.

Yeah absolute blowout in the third, 11.3 to 1.1 for the quarter.

Fark! Rode down to bottleshop just as quarter started, came back 20 mins later to see WC had scored 10.1! Best ever quarter by Eages apparently. Poor Demons fans....

Not quite, second best quarter ever. We missed it by 0.1!

Need one more goal to get our highest ever score in a game at the G. Come on!

Edit: DARLING!!! What an awesome goal, that's the icing.

Not quite, second best quarter ever. We missed it by 0.1!

Need one more goal to get our highest ever score in a game at the G. Come on!

Edit: DARLING!!! What an awesome goal, that's the icing.

That was a beauty. Great attitude to still battle for score in junk time in blow out game.

Have Cox captain in DT/SC so happy enough with his 132/159, just hoping Ablett doesn't score massive numbers against Lions now. What a bargain Kennedy has been too, 129 today in SC, nice price bump coming....

Good to see the Dees put up a fight for at least a half.

At least they got the deficit down to under 100 :)

Man, I've got to stop over thinking my tips and go with favourites! Looking at my work league (50+ members) and 4 of the top 5 are girls who don't have slightest interest in AFL but just pick favs every round...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Was in Subiaco Friday night for my first AFL game. Essendon were awful in the first half. Freo just completely trapped them in their own half. They couldn't really get out of it. Then they got a complete roll going in the 3rd quarter to make a game of it.

Myself & my friend (a season ticket holder) disagreed on the finish of the game. He reckoned that a defeat like that in a long season could make the team, that throwing away a game in that manner will be source of motivation for the season. My own opinion was that a Championship challenging team should be closing out a half time lead of that size & also would have won a tight game at the finish with all the chances they had.

Thought Gary Caine? had a good game & would have been fitting if he had goaled at the end. Pav was unbelievably quiet. Thought the full back (no. 37) was very good as well.

The field is insanely big. Wouldn't like to be playing in to a gale!!!

jj1 wrote: »
    Thought the full back (no. 37) was very good as well.

Michael Johnson, loves a recreational drug or two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

So I was told! Maybe just trying to be like the Essendon boys but got the wrong stuff.

Advertisement