Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sued for uploading a video?

Options
  • 12-04-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I saw a video on Facebook , it had been pretty much already "viral" when I saw it with over 10k+ likes.The video was of a mother giving out to her son whilst her son secretly recorded without her consent , along with uploading it to Facebook with out her consent. So I decide to upload it to Youtube for entertainment purposes only as the humor in the video was hilarious, the video got 90k views in less than 24hrs , the feedback on the video was all very positive saying that she was making a good impression and the video was doing no harm. I then got a message from a law firm stating that I should remove the video as the person in it had contacted this firm and wants to sue me for privacy damages.The message I received also stated that the law firm were appealing to the High Court so that they can get my information off Youtube and proceed to sue me for damages.
    I have removed the video and apologized for any inconvenience that I have caused.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I call shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robbie24433

JG009 wrote: »
    I call shenanigans.

Can I private message you the email I received from the law firm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

hypothetically, of course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I don't know why you deleted your whole youtube account because of this.
    You could have just taken down the video and forget about.it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Can I private message you the email I received from the law firm?

I didnt mean you, but the person sending it. Yeah PM me no prob.

• Advertisement

Did you have your email contact on your youtube account public.?

If you are the person that posted it in the random video thread you might want to delete it there as well even though it is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

KPMG?

brokenarms wrote: »
    KPMG?

No,A different video.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Presume its the Irish mammy video giving out to the son about his Irish oral test?

Seeing as it was presumably the son who originally uploaded the video, thus making it into the public record then the only person who could be sued is the son himself and no third parties who may have subsequently shared the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

What damages? Where did she suffer a loss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

P_1 wrote: »
    Presume its the Irish mammy video giving out to the son about his Irish oral test?

Seeing as it was presumably the son who originally uploaded the video, thus making it into the public record then the only person who could be sued is the son himself and no third parties who may have subsequently shared the video?

Yes this video , I uploaded it and they sent me a message on Youtube saying take it down or you will be sued pretty much

I used to have a massively popular YouTube Chanel, millions of views, thousands of subscribers etc. however, it was a Computing Chanel with a few different types of videos, some on downloading programs and games and stuff like that. One day I received a message from YouTube stating THQ (game developing company) had filed a complaint against me over a video I had posted which went viral. From this experience I highly doubt that this email is real, the fact you got one directly from the company suggests so, good move deleting the account I reckon!!

I didn't delete my account , just hid my channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

link?

JG009 wrote: »
    I didnt mean you, but the person sending it. Yeah PM me no prob.

PM'd you it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement