Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Applicant Social Work

Options
  • 12-04-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I have applied as a mature applicant for the 4 year hons degree in social work. Just wondering has anyone heard anything about an interview yet?
    I know they are usually held from the end of March to the mid May but im just assuming they are a little behind this year due to Easter coming early.

Is anyone else applying for this course or any course as a mature student in Trinity?

If so how is your application going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tard

I have applied to the same course as a mature student. They mailed me last week asking me to attend an interview in early May. Don't really know much else about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deepdish89

just found out today i didnt get through to the interview process..... i got an interview for UCC though so im happy with that. i have applied to find out why I didnt get an interview.

Im 24, finishing the applied social studies fetac level 5, on course to get distinctions in all modules. i have 6 months work experience in a youth setting. two excellent references one academic and one from work experience.

do you mind me asking you what is your background....? you can PM if you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tard

Apologies, I don't go on this very often.

My background is pretty similar to yours actually; 24 (next week), have just finished a two year Fetac level 5 Youth Studies course which I got 4 distinctions in last year and hope to get this year too. I have a good bit of experience from three different organisations over the last three years that work with young people.
    It might have been based on that. But seeing as they take people straight from leaving cert. who have no experience it is hard to tell.
    Have they replied yet?

Sorry again for the late reply and congrats on UCC! :)

Advertisement