Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Question

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I am fairly new to android programming... I have a small college project where i collect some data using different intents and then sends it to a web service (to be written in php)...

The questions are...

the project requirement is if for some reason i cannot send the data then it should get in to a queue and once a day it should try to connect to web service and sends the data.... if the app is still not able to connect, it should try next day... and keep trying until successful, but user should still be able to add data and it should be added to this queue....

how i can implement this...

2nd question is related to that php web service...

the service will append the data to a file sitting behind the secure area of the service...

how i can append to that file...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

iwantthat wrote: »
    the project requirement is if for some reason i cannot send the data then it should get in to a queue and once a day it should try to connect to web service and sends the data.... if the app is still not able to connect, it should try next day... and keep trying until successful, but user should still be able to add data and it should be added to this queue....

how i can implement this...

Use an AlarmManager to set up a call to an AsyncTask at whatever time you want to try and post the data.

Google for examples on both, there are loads. You will probably need a client database to hold the data in a queue each time it fails, then get the AsyncTask to go through whats in the database and try to post it to the PHP script and delete it from the database if successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Got it....

Thank you very so much....
    draffodx wrote: »
    Use an AlarmManager to set up a call to an AsyncTask at whatever time you want to try and post the data.

Google for examples on both, there are loads. You will probably need a client database to hold the data in a queue each time it fails, then get the AsyncTask to go through whats in the database and try to post it to the PHP script and delete it from the database if successful.

Advertisement