Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question relating to the practical exam in music.

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

As far as the music practical is concerned, how do they grade you? If I were to play extremely easy songs, but, play them well, would I be able to get full marks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

As far as i know, yes.

My teacher has said that they grade you on an overall impression. Its far better to play 6 easy piecies well then to play 6 hard pieces with lots of mistakes. I've dummed down my repetoire loads for the LC practical so i can get the marks. I'm able to play far more advanced pieces but its a lot safer for me to play easier ones. I'm less likely to make a mistake in them.
    You should also have a collection of pieces from different musical eras eg. Baroque, Classical, Romantic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Honestly, I was planning on singing and playing piano at the same time for 6 pieces, and choosing extremely easy pieces, such as Johnny Cash and The Beatles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Something like 80% of people get As in the practical. I got an 90-95% in last year and my pieces were pretty weak

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

There is a marking scheme, where it's all broken down, as there is for everything else:

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/LC_Music_Practical_markscheme_Higher_and_Ordinary_Level.pdf

Advertisement