Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am scared and shy to go to my Graduation!

Options
  • 11-04-2013 9:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

My Graduation is in 1 month and about 18 days. I am Shy to go to it because you're supposed to wear a shirt and tie and I've never done that before. Well you are not supposed to but if you don't you'll be the odd one out.

I'm Scared because some of the girls at my school say they may cry and I don't wanna do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I promise you that you'll have to wear a shirt and tie in your life again and you will get these butterflies so you might as well get this supposedly 'dreadful' experience over and done with. But you really have nothing to worry about! Everyone else will have a shirt and tie too so so you obviously won't be the odd one out. Crying isn't necessarily a bad thing either but sure I see where you're coming from there :pac:

But really, you will most certainly regret it in the future. It's an experience and it'll take you out of your comfort zone (which is good!). On the other hand you will just be sitting on your behind all night wishing you went, and for the days thereafter! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I agree with kingcobra , i think you could regret it if you don't go , i loved my graduation! some people did cry but nobody cared because they were not alone. I don't know how to tell you not to worry :) but hopefully i really do think you will get more comfortable as the night goes on and end up really enjoying yourself. Are your friends going?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Jaysus, our Grad isn't till the end of Summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I agree with kingcobra , i think you could regret it if you don't go , i loved my graduation! some people did cry but nobody cared because they were not alone. I don't know how to tell you not to worry :) but hopefully i really do think you will get more comfortable as the night goes on and end up really enjoying yourself. Are your friends going?

Heyy thanks for the advice thanks to kingcobra as well. Yes all of my friends are going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jaysus, our Grad isn't till the end of Summer.

the grad from school or the debs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    the grad from school or the debs?

There seems to be a lot of confusion between those two on here! It gets so hard to tell if someone is talking about school graduation or the debs/grads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭tango9

I am approaching 40 now and one of my biggest regrets was missing my own graduation. Although it was not missed for fear of wearing a shirt and tie or becoming emotional. When I meet up with my old scool mates now and then the subject of graduation night is regularly brought up. I didn't realise it at the time that it would be one of the occassions in your life that will always be remembered. Best advise I can give is DO NOT MISS YOUR GRADUATION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Meh. I've had my Grad and it was a forgetful night to be honest.

Not suggesting the OP doesn't go, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

You should go, even if its **** atleast you won't be left wondering. Especially don't let the fact that you don't want l wear a shirt and tie stop you, maybe ask someone an older brother or something to go with you to help you pick them out. You'll be grand, I really enjoyed my grad personally.

Advertisement