Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for Dublin to Galway return journey

Options
  • 11-04-2013 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I need to travel from dublin to galway tomorrow and back again on sunday

I have a few questions

1. Can i buy a single return ticket for the dart into town, the luas/90 bus from town to heuston and then the train to galway? If so could i buy this ticket at my local dart station?

2. Can i break my journey from dublin to galway at portarlington and then get back on at portarlington later tomorrow and continue to galway?

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Beano wrote: »
    I need to travel from dublin to galway tomorrow and back again on sunday

I have a few questions

1. Can i buy a single return ticket for the dart into town, the luas/90 bus from town to heuston and then the train to galway? If so could i buy this ticket at my local dart station?

2. Can i break my journey from dublin to galway at portarlington and then get back on at portarlington later tomorrow and continue to galway?

any help appreciated.
    The answer to both questions is yes. But staff at your local station may not have the codes to sell you a through ticket on dart/bus/luas/train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

cheers foggy_lad. i've just checked the irish rail website and i cant buy such a ticket online so i'll take chances at the station in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Beano wrote: »
    cheers foggy_lad. i've just checked the irish rail website and i cant buy such a ticket online so i'll take chances at the station in the morning.

Sorry yes it cant be bought online but you can buy the luas/bus/train ticket online by choosing "city centre" instead of heuston as the start point. The galway train ticket may work out cheaper that way. You could pay for your dart ticket seperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Ended up just buying the tickets from heuston to galway. I'd rather get the luas up to heuston anyway. cheers again.

Advertisement