Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers and Rented house

Options
  • 11-04-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey can anyone help me out, I have been living in Argentina for 3 years, I had to rent out my house to pay the mortgage while I was away (rented for cash in hand so never declared it) now I am back and was thinking about applying for job seekers so I have a few quid till I find a new job, I am back in the folks house so it would be enough to get by. I dont know whether to lie about the house as in never mention it or be honest but if they go into it I might be opening up a can of worms re back taxes and penalties, any advice folks?

Thanks John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

What do you mean lie about the house?
    Saying it was empty is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JOHN SMITH2013

Lie as in say I do not own it if I say I do they will ask who paid the mortgage while I was away, basically all I want is a few quid (job seekers) till I get on my feet and find a new job, I do not want to open up a can of worms by saying I had this house rented out then be liable for all the back tax plus penalties that will be incurred!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Lie, and you will be caught out as they can check the land registry.

Please read forum charter before posting in this forum again. This forum is not for getting advice on how to defraud the State. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement