Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susan Crawford pitches for FCC chair

Options
  • 11-04-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

My favourite corporate lawyer and broadband evangelist, Susan Crawford, is making a play for the job of FCC chairman in the US. If Pee Flynn hadn't debased the term "class act", that's what you'd have to call her. She instanced both Roosevelt (democrat) and Eisenhower (republican) as infrastructure visionaries so she seems to be trying to appeal to both sides.

Video here: http://youtu.be/MD9Ss3SI2v8 (9 mins)

What she wants from the new FCC chairperson: (presumably she's talking about herself)
    • Someone " who will push to prevent the State Laws that now raise barriers to municipally overseen fibre networks."
    • Someone "who will set high standards......needs to say that every American needs world class internet access at a reasonable price. That standard should be 100Mb/s symmetric......make it fibre"
    • Someone "who will reclaim the regulatory ideal.... high speed internet access is our new general purpose communications network our replacement for the telephone, it needs to be treated that way"

See.. vision is simple. Kevin O'Brien - ComReg commissioner - please take note.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

clohamon wrote: »
    My favourite corporate lawyer and broadband evangelist, Susan Crawford,

I've been in contact with Susan, one very clue full polite act...

Advertisement