Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic pressure booster pump

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

The submersible tank booster pump in the attic for our domestic water system seems to have failed.

I spoke with plumber, who is due to arrive later today, and he said it could be a simply blocked return valve (best case) as opposed to the pump having burned out, etc and would need to look at it to determine where the fault lies.

Just so I have some basic idea of worst case scenario - what is the possible cost (ballpark) of replacing the main booster pump for a pressurised water system in a house ? parts + labour ?

The pump controller appears to have the brand Ecopress.
    I've tried resetting and it seems to gently hum when there is a call for water as opposed to the noisier/pump action so all we have presently is gravity flow in taps/showers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

sounds like a capacitor gone in it,drop it over to N.J power in ballymount they repair these.

Advertisement