Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Route 239 - Opinions

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi there.

I want to ask the good people of Boards out there what their experience of the Dublin Bus 239 is, reason being my daughter and I may be moving to Lucan and would be looking into using this bus for her to be able to get to school in Carpentstown. The fact the bus only runs 1 an hour I realise it may be tough should you miss one bus.

But do people have any positive or negative experiences of it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Used it quite a bit between Carpenterstown and Lucan myself. Never had an issue.

Have noticed young teenagers regularly use it to get from Neilstown/Liffey Valley to Blanch SC. But other than that, there's hardly ever anyone on it.

The main point that it gets traffic/hold up issue's that could affect your daughter would be through Clonsilla train station. There's level crossings there by the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

It's a local service and connects many parts of west Dublin with Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown. It's reliable enough, the only delay being the level crossings in the area.

The real time passenger information means you can track your bus to its stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

That's great, many thanks.

Advertisement