Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overflow kicks in when using power washer ?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know why this may happen ? When I use the power washer with the hose connected to the kitchen taps the overflow from the attic eventually starts pouring water. I've tried switching the taps off and disconnecting the hose when I stop using the washer for a few minutes but it still happens. It never even drips any other time, even with the dish washer, washing machine and shower in use around the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Are you connecting to both taps? If so the higher pressure from the mains will cause a backflow up the hot water pipes and cause the tank in the attic to overflow. Connect to one tap only, or if you must use a mixer tap, only open hot or cold, never both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cheers Pete, that could be it, using a mixer with both taps on the go. I was thinking there was some sort of backflow going on somewhere which is why I started disconnecting the hose as soon as I stopped spraying, as I said the problem still happened but took a little longer to kick in.

I'll give one tap a whirl next time I use it and see how that goes before I get into the tank to check for a sticking ball cock when the water gets down below a certain level or something like that.

Advertisement