Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th party ideas

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My other half is 40 in July & want to mark the occassion. For his 30th we went for a meal with a few others & then just met everyone else in the pub.

Was contemplating trying to do something at home this time - maybe getting outside caterers in (to save us having to cook for the day). Any suggestions of places around West Dublin (we're in Tallaght) that does a decent service, but doesn't charge the earth. I'd imagine we'd be catering for between 30 & 50 people (probably couldn't fit many more people). Had been looking at a pig on a spit, but it costs quite a lot of money & caters for more people than we'd have.

Open to other ideas - still toying with getting a function room in a pub, but not sure where to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Right, I hope this is helpful, but a mate of mine had a pizza party for his 40th. They built a giant pizza oven in the garden and fired her up, she kept going all night and they were delighted with it.

Dunno if this link helps. Then again, it's a big task. Personally, I bought heaps of cheap Pizzas in Lidl and extra Mozzerella cos there's is stingy and it was grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Thanks for that. It does look cool & he would like that, but tbh I would prefer not to be cooking if I can help it.

Don't mind making salads, cakes etc., but want us to be able to enjoy the evening - will just get disposable plates & cutlery so there's not any washing up afterwards.

Am open to chinese, chipper, indian etc., so was just wondering if anyone had any good / bad experiences with places in the area. I buy cooked indian meals as part of my job & emailed the company I deal with, but they never got back to me. Maybe I'll just ring around a load of take aways & see what they could offer.

Advertisement