Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A big mistake

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

A friend of mine who owned a houseboat was going away on holiday and asked would i mind going to his boat and pumping it out every 2 days,i said no problem so off he went on his hols.After about a week i decided i would give it a miss, an extra day surely couldnt hurt so i went the following day and to my horror saw his boat lying on its side in the river with the fire brigade trying to pump it out.All his worldly goods submerged and ruined .I put him up rent free for six months but he never really forgave me.Has anyone else made any monumental cock ups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I used hot water instead of hot milk in my hot chocolate once, ruined my day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

You will have to forgive my lack of nautical knowledge, but shouldn't a maritime vessel keep water out? Why would you need to pump water out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I tried to make smoke bombs when I was 14, following instructions from the anarchists cookbook. I didn't have any salt peter so I just used salt because I didn't know the difference and destroyed all my mothers cookware. She arrived home to find everything wrecked, and 40 peeled bananas on the kitchen counter. I also tried to smoke them that weekend but it just left me horse. Lesson learned, the anarchists cookbook is full of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

A friend of mine who owned a houseboat was going away on holiday and asked would i mind going to his boat and pumping it out every 2 days,i said no problem so off he went on his hols.After about a week i decided i would give it a miss, an extra day surely couldnt hurt so i went the following day and to my horror saw his boat lying on its side in the river with the fire brigade trying to pump it out.All his worldly goods submerged and ruined .I put him up rent free for six months but he never really forgave me.Has anyone else made any monumental cock ups?

Yes, your friend. The eejit should have perhaps spent that holiday money on fixing the gaping hole in the bottom of his home, he also seems to have a problem prioritising what kind of friends he can trust, also a silly mistake....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I once tried to pump something, but slipped in the back, there was shít every where after that ... ruined a good night also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

That's exactly why I limit the size and scope of favours I offer to people, particularly non family members.

Anyway, that's what you get for living in a houseboat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Reading this thread count?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lost in cork

You will have to forgive my lack of nautical knowledge, but shouldn't a maritime vessel keep water out? Why would you need to pump water out of it?
    It was an old barge and leaked a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

It was an old barge and leaked a bit
    Sounds more like 'a lot'!

Advertisement