Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision books for biology

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone I would really appreciate any help!
    I feel so uninterested and disconnected with biology anytime I go to study it I feel so bogged down and get anxiety about it I keep putting it off! Long story short I have already bought essentials unfolded and the complete study guide by john Cullen as well as the fact that I have the textbook by Michael O'Callaghan. Words can't explain how much I would appreciate if any of you could recommend a good biology book to learn from because I feel like these 3 have conflicting information as some leave some bits of info out so whenever I am making notes I have to refer to all 3 books and it's a nightmare! Please please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Hi everyone I would really appreciate any help!
    I feel so uninterested and disconnected with biology anytime I go to study it I feel so bogged down and get anxiety about it I keep putting it off! Long story short I have already bought essentials unfolded and the complete study guide by john Cullen as well as the fact that I have the textbook by Michael O'Callaghan. Words can't explain how much I would appreciate if any of you could recommend a good biology book to learn from because I feel like these 3 have conflicting information as some leave some bits of info out so whenever I am making notes I have to refer to all 3 books and it's a nightmare! Please please help

Revise Wise Biology. It's all you really need. I used it pretty much exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

You already have 3 things to be studying, and your complaining about that, and yet you want another, but anyway, another book probably isn't going to solve any problems, so decide which of your current books/notes are best and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

The textbook has way too much! they are just covering themselves , i really like the revise wise it gets to the point and is easy to study from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

Speaking from a teachers point of view, you need to stop with the revision books. they are just piling more pressure on you. you need to start working through the book chapter by chapter writing out and compiling your own notes. this will also help you to learn them. A good resource is www.physicsteacher.ie which has a section containing notes but again these are quite detailed and may be more hasle than they are worth. now in relation to some exam guidance.
    you need to know all of genetics, respiration, photosynthesis, and ecology for the long questions. you will be asked a whole long question on ecology and genetics and will get one of the other two aswell. so that is 3 from four long questions done before you go in. prepare notes and learn these in detail and practise the exam questions over and over so you know every angle that can be asked. thats 180 marks out of 400 if your prepared. learn of all the experiments and you have another 60 marks. so with just that small bit of study you can have 240 marks from 400. and you will pick up more marks throughout the test aswell. you will need to study the other info aswell but these will bring you a long way towards your honor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

theres a revision book by sarah dilleen .. its all im learning from and i find it brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement