Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Rates to rise in Dublin (up to 80%)

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

According to the Irish Times article linked below business owners face huge increases in commercial rates. So much for tackling high rates and upward only rents. This government is failing SMEs and our domestic economy.

http://www.scsi.ie/irishtimes1004

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    According to the Irish Times article linked below business owners face huge increases in commercial rates. So much for tackling high rates and upward only rents. This government is failing SMEs and our domestic economy.

http://www.scsi.ie/irishtimes1004[/QUOTE]

Yet its been reported that the HMV building/shop front on Grafton Street has several new tennants negoiating lower rates and terms to move in there.

Boots,Argos and Vodafone to name a few of them looking to get into that building.

HMV might not get back in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Only in Ireland Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The rates for the former HMV store is approximately €120,000 per year.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

I thought one of the arguments for bringing in the domestic property tax (Luppet) was to reduce the burden of rates on struggling businesses. You know, the proverbial greengrocer or butcher or cooper on his last legs, struggling to stay open because of greedy simple-minded people are living in one-off houses and buying their veg/meat/barrels elsewhere

There have been many rates increases in the past years and a lot of towns have brought in pay parking and a lot of town councils have been doing just about feck all to help local business along or actively trying to make it harder for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The rates for the former HMV store is approximately €120,000 per year.
    :eek: Im in dub 17 & the local Chinese takeaway owner was telling me recently that their rates are €100,000 a year,now if she's not telling porkys that is alot for dub 17 compared to Grafton street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

delw wrote: »
    :eek: Im in dub 17 & the local Chinese takeaway owner was telling me recently that their rates are €100,000 a year,now if she's not telling porkys that is alot for dub 17 compared to Grafton street

She was telling you she was cooking porkies for sweet and sour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

She should start buying up lots of baby milk formula and sell it back in China for double the price she paid for it here.....:pac::pac::D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/apr/08/baby-milk-powder-rationing-supermarkets

paddy147 wrote: »
    She should start buying up lots of baby milk formula and sell it back in China for double the price she paid for it here.....:pac::pac::D
    LOL just looking at the report on sky news, "milk smugglers" they called :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Actually according to the letting agent the rates for the former HMV shop is €146,000.
    http://search.savills.ie/getmedia/ceb85db7-b5e9-4d05-9b6e-a829740bea4c/65---66-Grafton-Street-Brochure.pdf.aspx?ext=.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol. Did you also buy some magic beans from her?

• Advertisement

lol. Did you also buy some magic beans from her?
    yes,yes i did :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Advertisement