Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terms And Conditions

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone read them? Maybe it's time you did.

I was bored this evening and was reading my travel insurance policy when I discovered that I am entitled to €50 from my insurer if I score a hole in one whilst abroad. My excitement was somewhat dampened when I read that it had to be on a golf course (having nailed a few aces in my time), but still, WTF has that to do with travel insurance like?:confused:

Has anyone come across any other strange perks in their T&Cs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I came across a strange perk in my pants.

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Eeeerm, since you're the backwards man, should you NOT hit a hole in one to get 50 euro back?

Anyway no, I never read the T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I believe you're meant to buy drinks for everyone in the club if you score a hole in one :pac:
    So €50 probably wouldn't get you very far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

You're puttin me on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think you're supposed to buy everyone a drink after the game if you hit a hole in one, so the clause in the insurance is probably to cover that.

For technology stuff I don't bother reading anything, just click I accept and get on with it. For anything like a real contract like insurance or something, of course, I can't understand people who don't read them properly. I know people who haven't even read their lease contracts, it's just asking to be screwed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

What kind of insurer gives you €50 for a hole in one?

The Vj-HI Singh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I never bother to read the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I wouldn't take any notice of travel insurance terms and conditions. I was stuck in Kathmandu with many many broken bones as a result of a motorbike accident that happened two weeks (!) prior and they tried to exploit their t's and c's to tell me I was in fact not in need of their assistance at all... cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You've really teed yourself up for some golf puns OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

donvito99 wrote: »
    What kind of insurer gives you €50 for a hole in one?

The Vj-HI Singh?
    Close.;)

https://www.vhi.ie/pdf/products/MultitripSalesBrochure65s.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Always, Always read the T&C....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

iTunes T&C asks you not to use the software to produce nuclear weaponry or technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Duggy747 wrote: »
    iTunes T&C asks you not to use the software to produce nuclear weaponry or technology.
    And my dream of designing of a music player with a 1000 year lifespan is shattered in one sentence.:(

Advertisement