Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Kildare/Newbridge to St. Stephen's Green Dublin

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I am after getting a job just off Stephens Green in Dublin. My girlfriend works in Offaly and we are debating moving to Newbridge/Kildare whereby we could both commute to work.

I am wondering could anyone currently commuting by car/train from Kildare or Newbridge to Dublin city centre give me any information or advice on this and how long on average does the commute take?

I need to be at work at 8am and finish between half 5 and half 6pm. I will have free parking at work so no parking cost to take into account.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

pdqs wrote: »
    Hi all, I am after getting a job just off Stephens Green in Dublin. My girlfriend works in Offaly and we are debating moving to Newbridge/Kildare whereby we could both commute to work.

I am wondering could anyone currently commuting by car/train from Kildare or Newbridge to Dublin city centre give me any information or advice on this and how long on average does the commute take?

I need to be at work at 8am and finish between half 5 and half 6pm. I will have free parking at work so no parking cost to take into account.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Could take the tain from either and get the Luas to Abby St and walk around 10-15 mins to Stephens Green or get the 145 into both run often.

If you took the 6.42 from Newbridge you would be at work by 8am. Tends to be good service that time of the morning and delays don't start until lather. You will probaly have to stand sometimes when coming home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I get the Bus Eireann service from Newbridge to Dublin every day.

The 7.20am service is the 126A. It skips Naas, Kill and Johnstown and is at O'Connell Bridge around 8.15am. It terminates at Stephen's Green - don't think it takes too much longer to get there.

The 6.40am bus should get you into work on time.

Going home is slower. The majority of the buses serve Naas, Kill and Johnstown.
    Advantage of bus - cheaper and more direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Timetables are here:
    Irish Rail - http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16-DublinPortlaoise1111.pdf

Note that the 145 bus will take you directly from Heuston to St Stephen's Green.
    145 timetable is here - http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145/

Bus Eireann timetable is here - http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1324572943-126.pdf

Note that the 0640 departure operates direct to St Stephen's Green, and two evening departures operate from Kildare Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Check out whether your employer offers access to www.taxsaver.ie monthly/annual bus/train tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Get a foldup bike and cycle from Heuston to Stephen's Green. You could then potentially get the 7:04 train from Newbridge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement