Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do I make my Yaris look good again?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Basically I drive a silver 00 Toyota Yaris that was a gift from a family member last year,and I keep noticing she's getting more and more battered looking... Bits of rust and a few scratches here and there. Basically, I keep noticing that all the other Yaris's of the same vintage seem to look better than her and tbh she looks absolutely awful. Looking to make her presentable again as a bit of a pet project and to be honest I know absolutely NOTHING about cars and even less about the outside.I might end up selling it 'cause I'm moving to the UAE for a year in August and want her looking well for that eventuality too.. I was hoping ye'd have some tips for me!

Thanks,
    Carol!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stick up a few pics of the car if possible.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A wash, polish and wax would probably see it looking at least presentable. The likes of rust are not really easily DIY-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

On alot of these the plastic trim if black plastic greys like no mans business there are plastic restorers you can get to sort that out anyway and maybe a chipex kit for the smaller scratches/chips.

But yea pics would help alot

Advertisement