Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV filtration system for well water

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have to install a UV filtration lamp on the water supply coming from the well into my house. (due to ecoli)

Does anyone have experience connecting one of these in?

I can buy the uv lamp online no bother and my father who has some plumbing experience is convinced he can put it in....

Is it a fairly straight forward installation? Will be putting it into pipe that comes from well (its in the garage) so that it will be a whole house UV filtration.

Thank you for any advice...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Yes very straight forward job.

Just be careful of what you buy on-line as in make sure you can source the bulb for it locally & that they are not too expensive. I pay €35 for my bulb each year & I know some makes are about €80. My supplier has other bulbs for €18.

Check with your local supplier to see what bulbs they stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I have to install a UV filtration lamp on the water supply coming from the well into my house. (due to ecoli)

Does anyone have experience connecting one of these in?

I can buy the uv lamp online no bother and my father who has some plumbing experience is convinced he can put it in....

Is it a fairly straight forward installation? Will be putting it into pipe that comes from well (its in the garage) so that it will be a whole house UV filtration.

Thank you for any advice...

Make sure the water is filtered very well before the uv light

Advertisement