Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living In Drimnagh - safe?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hiya folks
    I cannot find any recent thread about living in Drimnagh - all posts ive seen are from the past so i dont want to suggest by what was in the past. We are considering to move with our 2 years old boy to Drimnagh - theres plenty of newly refurbished houses in reasonable prices - my only worry is bad reputation of the area. Maybe someone of you is living there recently and can give me some feedback? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yessuh

Hi Amelia. yes Drimnagh does seem to have a bad reputation, going by the reports we get from the media, and on this basis most people would choose not to live in this area. However personally my experience of living in Drimnagh (born here, moved away for 10 years, then returned to raise a family) would be very different to what people might expect, based on media reporting. Of course we only hear about the bad things (there is bad everywhere), but Drimnagh does have a lot to offer. It is a relatively small parish, easy to get to know, it has good schools, good public transport and is convenient to the city. It also has excellent community groups and good people working always to improve the area. My only negative view (which would probably apply to all working class areas in Dublin), is the aesthetics - too little green space and not enough places for people to walk and (though we do have the canal, which is pleasant enough), no parks for families to enjoy, rows and rows of houses and no centre space. (These things were not thought important ago when the area was being developed). However as I said there are many good people working to improve things and I believe that in the future things will improve greatly in this respect, so that Drimnagh will be even better still. So I would highly recommend this area as a good place to live and raise a family. Good Luck and best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AmeliaKoko

thanks so much for your reply yessuh. I've lived in Drimnagh myself for 2 years but it was couple of years ago and i was wondering how it looks now. I never had any problems myself but i just didnt like the gangs hanging around. Thanks again for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Drimnagh is a grand place overall, there may be a handful of roads with a bad element but with a little research/groundwork I'd have no hesitation moving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AmeliaKoko

thank you theteal :)

Advertisement