Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldest Dinosaur Embryos Discovered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Very interesting :>

Speaking of prosauropods (seems that the word is no longer valid?) have you seen this guy Lessemsaurus?
    Has to be one of the most impressive dinosaur skeletons I've ever seen:

Lessemsaurus.jpg

4997069594_99ca3973b0_z.jpg

1146_lessemsaurus10.jpg

4232250545_7a8a446838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Wow, that is very impressive. Never heard of Lessemsaurus before.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ten meters long and middle Triassic? Some beast! And look at those chompers! :eek:
    Makes you wonder if the old idea that prosauropodomorphs were partially carnivorous has some merit. I'd say Lessemsaurus could have been a monstrous scavenger.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ten meters long and middle Triassic? Some beast! And look at those chompers! :eek:
    Makes you wonder if the old idea that prosauropodomorphs were partially carnivorous has some merit. I'd say Lessemsaurus could have been a monstrous scavenger.

My thoughts exactly. Looks to me like it must have had a powerful bite considering how wide and massive the jaws are, too...

Here's more about embryonic prosauropods:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130410-lufengosaurus-oldest-baby-dinosaur-embryo-paleontology/

Advertisement