Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Further Education

Options
  • 10-04-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm an Intellectual Disability trained nurse, registered with An Bord Altranais. I have just over a years experience in this field to date, and I absolutely love my job. However, i am beginning to see that my knowledge in the mental health field is lacking somewhat. I think having another qualification in Psychiatric Nursing will meet this need, as some of the people I care for are on some form of anti-psychotic medication. Also, having this qualification could open many doors in terms of furthering my career.
    So the problem, I have done some research in doing this and am a bit stumped on how to actually get the training I want and be able to register the qualification with ABA at the end.
    Does anyone know how to do psychiatric nursing on postgraduate programme (with nursing qualification already), and not have to start from scratch with an undergraduate programme??

Advertisement