Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus on

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭

Finding myself the sole passenger on a half-hour Citylink bus journey this morning, the obvious question of whether the bus were equipped with cameras came to mind.

I erred on the side of caution, in the end, and simply slept. However, in the unlikely event one were ever to find oneself in similar circumstances in future, it would be nice to know whether there are cameras present on such buses.

Perhaps the good folk of AH could enlighten me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ficheall wrote: »
    Finding myself the sole passenger on a half-hour Citylink bus journey this morning, the obvious question of whether the bus were equipped with cameras came to mind.

I erred on the side of caution, in the end, and simply slept. However, in the unlikely event one were ever to find oneself in similar circumstances in future, it would be nice to know whether there are cameras present on such buses.

Were you planning on putting an eel up your bum or something?

Why would you need to err on the side of caution in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Whip out ure lad the next day and knock one out, you'll find out soon enough when the old bill come hammering up the stairs to ask you to vacate the vehicle...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Won't they usually have stickers/signs around to make people aware of CCTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

You got on the bus, saw you were the only passenger on the bus and your immediate "obvious" thought was "is there a camera?"

I'm curious. Did you want there to be a camera or did you want there to NOT be a camera? What were you planning to do? Or were you concerned about the driver or something?

For me:: I get on a bus, see I'm the only one on it, my first thought is "Sweet, I can spread out and have a kip with no-one bothering me or no noise"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

And this is the reason why i hate taking the bus. Full of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Oh - I was deliberating following Hardonraging's suggested course of action.

Hence, a desire for an absence of cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Whip out ure lad the next day and knock one out, you'll find out soon enough when the old bill come hammering up the stairs to ask you to vacate the vehicle...

Says Hard on Raging

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Oh - I was deliberating following Hardonraging's suggested course of action.

Hence, a desire for an absence of cameras.

Whatever about cameras, you think the driver wouldn't notice the sole occupant is fiddling with himself?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yes there are 6 cameras on all City Link busses transmitting live footage back to HQ at all times.

Where conveniently enough, a friend of mine just happens to work in the live footage watching department.

I just happened to drop in and visit him this morning and we were watching you OP.

Most people would have stopped doing what you were doing when the group of 8 year old school kids joined the bus and sat directly behind you.

But no, you just carried on - for shame OP.

For Shame.

So anyway, what was it like to down an entire packet of Malteezers in one go in front of the kids ?
    I've always wanted to do that. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I assume you were worried about someone coming onto the bus and assualting, stealing your possessions or something similar.

By just going to Sleep, I doubt you were that bothered as If i was stealing something or planning to stealsomething, If the person was asleep it would be far easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm completely at a loss as to what you would have done otherwise.

Boo2112 wrote: »
    Whatever about cameras, you think the driver wouldn't notice the sole occupant is fiddling with himself?!

I would ****ing hope not, he being driving the bus and all.

Also, I am very quick and discreet. :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The ladies must love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

2 pump chump. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

*swoon*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

remind me to never shake your hand OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

To answer your implicit question: I'm not sure if you can crack one off on the bus without it ending up on You Tube, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

uch wrote: »
    Says Hard on Raging

It's becoming tougher and tougher to hide these things ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I think coaches may have CCTV... to be honest there is a legal requirement to post a notice on the bus, usually near the the driver when your getting on.

Also masturbation in public is a crime and you could get find yourself with an embarrassing position in Court with a fine and newspaper coverage.

If you really need to jack the lad, then go to the on bus toilet. We don't want your man juice all over the seats cos we could catch something nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Interfering with yourself in a public place is never a good idea, in fact - cameras or no cameras - it's disgusting.
    Have the decency to wait 'till you get home, there's a good man.
    Good luck to you.

• Advertisement

We don't want your man juice all over the seats cos we could catch something nasty.

Ah now, I was going to use a condom and be very neat and tidy, and all would have been done within the confines of my trousers.
    I'm quite shy really, and unless there had been cameras no one would have known thing. I wouldn't even have a posted about it on the internet!

Having been terribly well-behaved thus far in life, I felt that maybe this once in a life-time opportunity was some sort of sign that I ought to change my reckful ways, and without harming or offending anyone. I baulked once again though, my sense of propriety winning out as always.

Some day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

'Stand clear, Fichealls knob operating.'

Advertisement