Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of property deed

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for some advice as I am in the process of transferring ownership of my family home from my ex wife to my name. The mortgage is in joint names and originally the property was purchased in her name for tax purposes. We have a separation agreement in place and as part of the agreement I have taken over sole responsibility for the mortgage going forward and I await agreement from the bank to transfer the deeds into my name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Strong arm

Basically the bank will have to consent to the transfer - they look at your ability to repay the mortgage on your own and if they consent , they will furnish a deed to be signed by you your ex and the bank. Sometimes they do up a new mortgage pack for you and the old mortgage is paid off out of the new one. You will have to have a solicitor for all of this and they will be able to advise you in detail. Best of luck with banks consent !

Advertisement