Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus changes

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    As a regular Dublin Bus user i have noticed some changes over the past few years. When I started college back in 2010 it used to take me an hour (sometimes longer) to get into town. Now it takes me between half an hour and forth mins to do the journey. I have noticed this in particular this year. Is there less cars on the roads these days? Or have most people emigrated to Australia, America, Canada etc?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well it would help if you identified the route!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

When I first started college it was 80c to get on board, now its 1.65. Thats the only major change I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

My question would be why are you paying €1.65 when it is only €1.40 with a LEAP card?

Yet again Irish people are still fixated by cash fares when cheaper alternatives exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

There are more people unemployed, less jobs out there so less people on the roads..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dublin bus have been using 'anti social behaviour' alot lately to explain for buses not showing up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

To be fair there is a fair bit of that on some routes at times - so I don't think it is being used as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The n11 routes have improved no end in the last few years, especially with the 145 introduction. It was quicker for me to walk across Kilbogget for a 145 to town then get a 7 from right outside my house.
    lxflyer wrote:
    My question would be why are you paying €1.65 when it is only €1.40 with a LEAP card?

Yet again Irish people are still fixated by cash fares when cheaper alternatives exist.
    maybe he doesn't get the bus that often and doesn't want to waste 5 on the card and another 5 mandatory top up in advance.

Advertisement