Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting aged person from airport Terminal 2 - where to park?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

The last time I had to collect aged person from the airport, it ended up being an awfully long walk to the car park, but I couldn't see where else to park. The only alternative was to leave them waiting on the roadside, me to collect the car and drive right around the airport to collect them.

Is there a better solution? Is there somewhere reasonably near to Terminal 2 that I can park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,254 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a short-term multi-storey car park attached to T2 with a covered walkway.

Not necessarily where you are looking for: http://www.dub.aero/gns/at-the-airport/reduced-mobility.aspx

Note that there are many local and national bus services to the airport. http://www.dub.aero/gns/to-from-the-airport/by-bus-or-coach.aspx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If they can use a mobile phone, you could get them to head down to Departures on arrival in T2, ring you when they are there, you park up the road a bit in the Coachman's or Omni or somewhere and sweep in and collect them outside Departures.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

T2 carpark is really close to arrival, maybe a 1 min. walk and it is really small compared to T1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ask for a courtesy wheelchair from whatever airline the person is flying with.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

spurious wrote: »
    If they can use a mobile phone, you could get them to head down to Departures on arrival in T2, ring you when they are there, you park up the road a bit in the Coachman's or Omni or somewhere and sweep in and collect them outside Departures.
    That's kind of what I do when picking up passengers although I wait where the plane spotters do their thing on the back road near all the GAA pitches.

It's a pity that with all the construction that's gone on at the airport in recent years that the DAA didn't build a mobile phone waiting area that you see at a lot of airports in the States nowadays.

I know why they didn't do it because (a) it's a great idea and (b) it'll mean people won't spend €3 or whatever it is these days to park for 15 minutes to pick up someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to Dublin City. Moved to Dublin County North.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

park in keeleys car park then when flight lands drive up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks everyone. I think they'd take wheelchairs etc as an insult as they can walk, just not quickly and not happy the last time with the long walk to T1 car park. I don't go there often enough to know my way around, as I get most visitors to get the 747 into town, it's how I get in & out of the airport when I'm travelling myself. I'll have to keep an eye out for T2 carpark signs. Thanks!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You need to be a little careful with T2 as there is now a surface car park (which is probably as near to T1 as it is to T2) as well as the original multi-storey one. You need to make sure you go into the 3 storey one - as you approach the airport from the roundabout you keep to the right - it is well signposted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't go there often enough to know my way around
    This is part of the problem with Terminal 2 as those unfamiliar with the airport tend to drive in the direction of the new terminal building which actually leads to Terminal 1 and Terminal 1 parking.

As Beasty has said, to get to Terminal 2 parking (from the main roundabout) you need to get into the right hand lane and veer off to the right. Terminal 2 parking is quite close to the terminal itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement