Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD: Samsung Ativ S Windows phone 8 €333 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

How does this phone compare to the s3?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Hardware is almost exactly the same (Screen, radios etc are the same)... Dual Core CPU, and Windows. Don't worry about it only being a dual core. I've a HTC One... the 'fastest' phone in town but in day to day performance a 3 year old Samsung Omnia 7 keeps up with it. Android is sloooow. Windows is fast in comparison.

Looks like a bargin to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

There is no difference between 2 and 4 cores because applications cannot use 4 cores.
    It's just an advertising trick, which unnecessarily increases the price ... but works.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great phone. Its all about whether you want to buy into the Windows operating system.

I have a HTC 8X, which is Windows, great hardware let down by a lack of apps. If you're using it for pretty standard stuff, web browsing, camera, email etc then it will be a great piece of kit. Outside of that, I would have to question whether it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

My work phone is HTC windows 8s and I hate it, but I think I more hate the annoying HTC touchscreen and the effort to send an email or txt compared to an iPhone though and not the OS.. battery life is pretty decent tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement