Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing lpg calor bulk gas tank

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all thinking of changing heating from gas to oil just wondering would calor charge to remove their own tank ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

madmax79 wrote: »
    Hi all thinking of changing heating from gas to oil just wondering would calor charge to remove their own tank ?

They should not do but will probably try. Legally I do not think they own the tank.

Before going to the trouble of changing, why are you thinking of changing, what system do you have, i.e. boiler, controls, zoning, etc.
    Generally people change due to high running costs & that can be dramatically reduced with upgrades & a bit of negotiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 madmax79

shane0007 wrote: »
    They should not do but will probably try. Legally I do not think they own the tank.

Before going to the trouble of changing, why are you thinking of changing, what system do you have, i.e. boiler, controls, zoning, etc.
    Generally people change due to high running costs & that can be dramatically reduced with upgrades & a bit of negotiating.

Have system link installed also thinking of putting back boiler in stove and change cylinder to dual coil, to be honest think the oil be just handier as can get kero every week at the pumps instead of paying standing charge to calor etc

madmax79 wrote: »
    Have system link installed also thinking of putting back boiler in stove and change cylinder to dual coil, to be honest think the oil be just handier as can get kero every week at the pumps instead of paying standing charge to calor etc
    There is a new system being launched in a couple of months that you will not require a 2nd coil for solid fuel. I have it released to me & am installing it next week. It also meets all building regs for solid fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

There is a new system being launched in a couple of months that you will not require a 2nd coil for solid fuel. I have it released to me & am installing it next week. It also meets all building regs for solid fuel.

What's that Shane?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    What's that Shane?
    Vented on solid fuel side with no requirement for cylinder & you can pressurise on the other side for rads, cylinder & oil/gas boiler.
    Very easy to install, no mad wiring harness & no requirement for cold water cooling. True gravity circuit with combined pumped circuit on solid fuel side.
    It will make life a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Vented on solid fuel side with no requirement for cylinder & you can pressurise on the other side for rads, cylinder & oil/gas boiler.
    Very easy to install, no mad wiring harness & no requirement for cold water cooling. True gravity circuit with combined pumped circuit on solid fuel side.
    It will make life a lot easier.

Sure will. Any diagrams?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Sure will. Any diagrams?

Just one I drew up of the installation it's going into to get approval from the manufacturer.

Advertisement