Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Alton Towers from Dublin

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So my friend and I are looking to go to Alton Towers. I realise there are other threads on the topic but they didn't have the answers I was looking for. We are 19 so we can't hire a car. We were looking into getting there by the cheapest routes possible over just the one day although if it was affordable an overnight stay in Alton Towers would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sail Rail would cost you €46 each way to Stoke-on-trent then £6 return on the bus from Stoke to Alton Towers. It would be a very long journey though

http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/how-to-find-us/

Flights to Manchester might be better, train from the airport to Stoke is £22.70 off-peak. www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk

or www.thetrainline.com

You might be better off flying over the day before or getting the ferry the night before.

This might be better in the normal travel section rather than here

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraOH

Thanks, I'm new to posting so I wasn't sure.

So my friend and I are looking to go to Alton Towers. I realise there are other threads on the topic but they didn't have the answers I was looking for. We are 19 so we can't hire a car. We were looking into getting there by the cheapest routes possible over just the one day although if it was affordable an overnight stay in Alton Towers would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sail Rail would cost you €46 each way to Stoke-on-trent then £6 return on the bus from Stoke to Alton Towers. It would be a very long journey though

http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/how-to-find-us/

Flights to Manchester might be better, train from the airport to Stoke is £22.70 off-peak. www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk

or www.thetrainline.com

You might be better off flying over the day before or getting the ferry the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there CiaraOH,

One thread will suffice. If you wanted your other thread moved, you should just have clicked the report-post icon and alerted the moderators.

I have merged them here now though for you though.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement

Thanks very much. I'm new to posting so I didn't know how to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Has anyone ever been to Alton Towers and what do you make of it is it worth the trip over ?

Also could anyone please tell me the easiest way to get there flying from Cork or even a ferrie if it's possible ? Was planning on going over in maybe September was looking to see could anyone give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost in total just to go over for 1 night , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Cant give you much help, but this thread may help;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84070160

Advertisement