Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Transaction Limit

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking to make a transaction online using my BOI Visa Debit card. Could someone tell me what the max per transaction limit is, as the purchase I will be making will be approx €2400. 

If there is a limit lower then this can it be raised or lifted for one transaction which I specify with a BOI agent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

collier wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking to make a transaction online using my BOI Visa Debit card. Could someone tell me what the max per transaction limit is, as the purchase I will be making will be approx €2400. 

If there is a limit lower then this can it be raised or lifted for one transaction which I specify with a BOI agent?
    Also if this is not possible I do have a BOI MasterCard with a fairly small limit, can I prepay that account so it becomes in credit so I can put it through in one transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Collier,

Bank of Irelands ATM withdrawal and Point of sale transaction limits vary depending on the type of card you hold.

Transactions will be authorised against the available balance in the account, however some retailers may seek authorisation for larger amounts.

For full details on the operation of our Visa Debit card please refer to the terms and conditions here .

Regarding the Credit Card question, it is possible to put your card in credit however the retailer may still seek authorisation.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Hi Collier,

Bank of Irelands ATM withdrawal and Point of sale transaction limits vary depending on the type of card you hold.

Transactions will be authorised against the available balance in the account, however some retailers may seek authorisation for larger amounts.

For full details on the operation of our Visa Debit card please refer to the terms and conditions here .

Regarding the Credit Card question, it is possible to put your card in credit however the retailer may still seek authorisation.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Linda
    Thanks for that Linda. It sounds like I should be able to use the Visa Debit in this case as there will be more in the account then the transaction will be.

Advertisement