Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed urgently ACCA or CPA

Options
  • 09-04-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of doing the ACCC exams but I have recently transfered departments in my company and I am now located in the USA. I did my first two exams back at Christmas but I failed both of them so I am still starting out from scratch - I am at the fundamental levels. Following a meeting with someone out here they suggested that maybe I look into switching into the CPA. I do not know how long I plan to stay out in the US so I am not sure what to do. I have done a small bit of research into the CPA and I will have to take some extra classes to be able to sit the final exams and the ACCA exams if I had of passed the exams do not carry over and count as credits.

I understand that in terms of classes and admin I have much more access to them with the CPA out here and with the ACCA I will have to do it all online and the expense is pretty big.

anyone any suggestions or every been in the same state?

Advertisement