Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown into city

Options
  • 09-04-2013 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭

Just moved to abbeyfield in Milltown and I am wondering about transport into the city centre in the mornings.

I start work at eight near the IFSC.

Does anyone get the 11, 44, or 61 in at that time in the morning?or recommend a time bus that would get me in before 8?

I can get the luas but as the st Anne's entrance is locked I would have to walk a bit to get the luas.

Also the bus would bring me more into the city centre and a short stroll to work as opposed to the walk from at Stephens green.

I am presuming buses back to Milltown between 5 and 6 are very slow? Would I be better off getting the luas home?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try www.a-b.ie with the exact locations and correct days/times. You can use http://transportforireland.ie/real-time/real-time-ireland/ to check on the day.

Milltown has suffered a lot due to Luas removing the market for buses. Walking down as far as Sandford Road means you could also get the 11.

It is very cycle-able, either along Waterloo Road, the Dodder or Grand Canal.

Advertisement