Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFT wub r electic gates

Options
  • 09-04-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI there

A couple of hopefully simple questions for those who are more mechanically minded than myself.

First off - I have a sub r electric gate: http://www.bft.co.uk/jsp/en/scheda/swing-gates-sub_-_id_55.jsp

and I was wondering:

1) I need to add oil - is it possible to damge the unit by overfilling? THere's a filler cap which is simply unscrewed but no indication on how much oil to add - just fill to the top?

2) I've noticed recently that one of the gates seems to be swinging open- sometimes just a few inches, othertimes several feet. I guess that it could be passers by pushing against it, but is there anything mechanical that could be causing this as the gates are on a bit of a slope (probably 20 degrees)

THe gates are >10 yrs old but I don't know their history as they came with the house,

many thanks

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

gate is sit on special wheel with cog (see pin on top of the motor), 100% cog is used, i replace few of this system, and always faulty was cog inside wheel.

Advertisement