Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

merging two current accounts into 1 joint account

Options
  • 09-04-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my wife both have current accounts with BOI and we are hoping to merge the two accounts into one joint account and I was wondering if this was possible? Also,  what becomes of the standing orders/direct debits that are currently on the accounts? Do we both have to pop into our local branch at the same time to organize this?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I reckon that your best bet would be to set up a separate joint current account. Then have a standing order set up from the original accounts each week/month and have all direct debits and other standing orders come out of the joint account.

It's what myself and the missus do and it works grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi johnybean,

You will have to open a new account in joint names. You can then close your sole accounts if you wish. To open a new joint account, please make an appointment with your local branch, details can be found here.

You will need to contact the companies you have direct debits with and provide them with the new bank details. To change the standing orders, you will need to fill out a new standing order instruction form which the branch can provide you with.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you
    Linda

Advertisement